Francisco Monteiro pianist, composer, musicologist, teacher. Ba.Mus.Piano, Conservatory of Porto; Dipl.Mus. Piano, University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna; M.A. Musicology, University of Coimbra; Ph.D., Contemporary Music, University of Sheffield.
Ongoing Research projects:
- Critical Edition of the Chamber music of Jorge Peixinho (1940-1995)
- Euterpe unveiled: Women in Portuguese musical creation and interpretation during the 20th and 21st centuries
- Practice as a researcher: development of 3 methodologies for 3 creative projects on composition and performance.
- 20th century music edition.
- Contemporary music aesthetics.
- Contemporary music performance: new contexts of performance.
- Music composition.
- Free improvisation.